1.23.2008

Blog Talkin'

Here's the weekly topic for the Cocoa Swap...Weekly Topic #3
This weeks topic:

What is the most 'random' memory you have from your childhood?

I don't have a lot of memories from childhood; I have no idea why, from all the stories I've heard, it seems like it was a good one. I have more sensual memories than anything else - the smell of our clean laundry (laundry detergent and cigarettes because my mom smoked), the smell of my Nonna's house (a little musty but also sweet, like the honey she would drizzle on our zeppoles,), the feeling of heat on my cheek when I got too close to the fireplace, the taste of my mother's hand as she turned the pallet separator I had to wear, before I could get braces, the sight of staring out my window on Easter morning before my brother and sister could rush in there, to see if I could get a sneak peak at where the bunny had hidden his eggs...

0 comments: