8.06.2007

SP 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like any soft yarns, especially made of baby alpaca... I absolutely hate furry yarns and yarns that tangle easily....
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Nothing so far - I have a big basket where I keep all my yarns & the needles are just thrown in there.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started in October of 2006 - almost a year ago!! I learned at a Michael's - it was a four session sort of thing. Since then, I've taught myself more skills from the internet and I've learned a bunch from my local knitting group. I would consider myself an intermediate beginner.... I have knit scarves, a baby blanket (tedious...), hats, and fingerless gloves. I'm working on a pair of gloves with fingers now!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon wishlist.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Michael Kors (the one with that name and his Island). I also love floral scents, especially tuberose, which is a tropical flower & hard to find.... and vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes! I LOVE gummy candies, but not sour ones... and chocolate, of course. My big weaknesses are cookies, though!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin; I think knitting is probably the only craft I do - I do scrapbook, but not often, only when I come back from a vacation and have a bunch of photos like that. And I'm not very good at it. Occasionally, I make my own cards, but also not very often!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love "britpop", but also like jazz (new and old), standards (like Sinatra), and some "top 40."
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors & tones - bright, earthy, pastels... not such a big fan of neons, but some are OK - don't like yellow too much.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have two small dogs: a beagle and a westie/yorkie mix; a husband, and a baby due in late November!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. :) LOVE scarves and mittens!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Every new thing I learn is my favorite...except that baby blanket!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Fingerless gloves/mittens (the have a flap that makes them mittens.)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I especially like things that have a purpose and don't just sit on shelves. I love all gifts, though.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I'm getting used to circular, though I think for knitting in the round I'm beginning to prefer double points. I don't like plastic, and I think I like bamboo over aluminum a little, but don't have that much preference.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, actually I'm not sure what a swift is...
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Feeling really green now.... what's a UFO???
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, though Halloween is a CLOSE 2nd.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Nope, not really a collector, but I love to read.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
As I said, I'm a bit new at this; I'd love books that have patterns for easy objects that look great... and teach new techniques. Don't have any subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, all of them! My next thing, though, will be using more than one color...
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Have not yet knitted socks, I'm still a little intimidated by them, but I will eventually try them. I'm a size 7 in shoes...don't know what measurement that is, but my feet aren't especially narrow or wide or anything.
23. When is your birthday?
October 12th!
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I don't know what that is, so I guess not!


0 comments: