1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?
I don't really have a preference!
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non?
Lately I've had to go unleaded, but I do like the occasional leaded. I really like a robust coffee, my favorite is Kona coffee!
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up?
Probably Dunkin Decaf (Costco has large bags of it)
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both?
Both! Caffeine before noon, pleasure after.
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers?
I do like flavored coffees, but not Irish Cream flavored or nutty.
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup?
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it!
It's a warm day, but not too hot - maybe 70 degrees... sunny but with some big white fluffy clouds... I'm sitting with some friends and we're just talking, Lily is sleeping and/or silently playing with a toy, I have nice, cold, ice vanilla or caramel latte (big one WITH whipped cream), am having a big chewy chocolate chip cookie and just relaxing. Pretty simple, really!
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company?
I would pick a chewy, moist cookie or a rich, dark brownie. Occasionally, I'm in the mood for coffee cake or shortbread to dunk.
1. Do you knit or crochet?
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with?
I love baby alpaca and really any nice, soft yarn. I don't like anything with funky textures.
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now?
Right now, I'm making a bunny for my neice from the Middle Sized Monster pattern (was supposed to be a monster for my nephew, but apparently he's too old for stuffed animals - how sad!)
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash?
I love all colors! I have a lot of blue right now; I wouldn't mind having some nice, rich jewel tones in reds or greens or purples. You will not find yellow, unless someone wants something yellow and I've decided to knit it for them.
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest?
I love my lantern moons! I also just got a pair of knitpicks DPNs and they're lovely. I'm not big on circular needles, but I like metal and wood needles for different projects.
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?
I haven't been swapping long and I haven't been knitting long, so I don't really have a lot of notions; having said that, I really don't need anything, but I do love fun stuff...
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with?
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are?
It's getting there! My tulips are coming up and the daffodils have buds!!!
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one?
I love all spring flowers! Tulips are probably my faves (pink)
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime?
I look forward to things blooming and fresh food; nice weather - I love 65 degrees, it's perfect for me!
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day?
I take my daughter and puppy on a walk, and maybe go to the Iris garden in Montclair.
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up?
I would spend the day hanging out with Lily, in PJs. A nice hot drink and a yummy sweet treat would cheer me up!
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
No, I'm really not a collector. I like pens.
2. Are you allergic to anything?
Yes, cats and other small animals. Shellfish, too, but I don't think that's a concern.
3. Do you have pets?
Yes, a Yorkie/Westie mix, Stella!
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?
I've only been in 2 swaps before - SP11 and the Hot Cocoa Swap
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
Mr. Modes Wild Ride - It's my friend's blog and we're co-writing a story.
I really am new to the blog world and sort of randomly surf and read blogs of people I know.
Oh! I read Lime and Violet, now that last swap pal introduced me to it.