7.12.2007

The heat breaks.

Thank goodness! I woke up this morning and the nauseating humidity was gone, revealing a beautiful summer day! I didn't even need air conditioning, and I actually did stuff. VERY excited.
The hat is coming along nicely, except for the hole (see previous posts), and I can't believe I'm actually doing it! I'll post photos soon, but my husband has the camera today (I really need to get one of my own!).
I took advantage of the lack of snacks in the house & the good weather to make some brownies. I have found THE best recipe ever: Deep, Dark Brownies.
Even John, who is a pastry chef, admits this is the best recipe he's ever seen. It produces fudgy, dark brownies without them having that undercooked taste (unless, of course, that's what you like.)
I also made zucchini pie, which is a family recipe, it's a crustless, bisquick-based quiche. The recipe is simple:
4 eggs
1/2 cup veg oil
1 cup bisquick
1 medium zucchini
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 med. onion
salt & pepper to taste (I also add a tablespoon or two of Italian Seasoning)

Preheat oven to 350 F
Grate the zucchini and onion (I use the attachment on my food processor, mom still grates hers by hand)
Mix all ingredients together.

Pour mixture into a greased 8 x 8 or 11 x 7 pan.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Enjoy the yumminess hot, warm OR cold. (Believe me, leftovers are awesome, you might want to make a double batch - I always do!)

I apologize if someone finds this in a recipe book somewhere, in our family it's simply known as "Mrs. Pagano's Zucchini Pie"

I suppose I've put off putting the laundry away long enough!

0 comments: